Have you ever thought about your athletic performance in terms of nutrition? Do you think that how you perform is related to what you eat?
If you haven’t thought about the link between nutrition and performance, you really should start paying attention. What you put in your body really, really matters. If you stuff yourself with junky foods, guess what? Your performances will no doubt suffer. Regardless of where you stand on the foods you eat, the healthier and more non-processed you eat, the better off you’ll be. That means staying away from anything that won’t go bad in your pantry (desserts, most things packaged, etc).
Below are my choices for healthy snacks and meals that I keep coming back to, year after year.
My go-to healthy snacks:
- Frozen Grapes
- Banana, yogurt and almond milk smoothies
- Carrots and hummus
- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread
My healthy dinner time meals:
- Fish tacos
- Quinoa crusted chicken
- Spinach anything (salads especially)
- Chicken and sausage jambalaya
Thanks for reading until the end! Ready for more?
Want my weekly running newsletter?
- Three great races on tap over this Philly Marathon weekend
- Tips to follow so you can race well
- Easy runs easy; hard runs hard