Strength Training For Distance Runners
Strength training exercises for distance runners that you can do at home – without access to a gym.
You’ll find videos, links, and pictures to help you determine what you need. Share this page with your runner friends and do the workouts together!
My most popular articles about strength training are here:
- How to add strength to your running
- Core strength exercises
- Building strength training into your running routine
Here’s my blog post dedicated to strength training and building base mileage.
And if you’re looking for all my strength training articles, click that link.
5 exercises, 30-45 seconds each
16 exercises, for 30 seconds each
Body Weight Strength Circuits
- 6 minutes of arm exercises
- 7 minutes of leg exercises
- 4 minutes of plyometric exercises
- 22 exercises, varying from timed to repetitions
Rolling out your muscles keeps them loose and functioning smoothly