According to the CDC, only 23% of American adults are getting the recommended amount of daily exercise.
I’m a believer in thinking I can do something about that stat. Whether you’re training for a marathon or just getting off the couch, I want to be the pesky guy in your ear saying “you can do it!”
What I’d like to do is nudge runners and non-runners alike to get out of their comfort zones and log some steps with me!
April Steps Challenge
I’m challenging you – using your preferred step tracker (Garmin, Fitbit or Apple Watch) to log as many steps in April as possible.
The leader board is set up in Garmin, but I’ll gladly accept a screenshot of your April steps log from any type of step tracker.
Here’s how to enter:
- Like me on Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook for announcements about the steps challenge.
- Follow me on Garmin (find me using Marc Pelerin or runNJpele).
- Join my Garmin Group (TrainwithMarc).
- Log as many steps as you can in April 2019!
Straight from Garmin’s website: You can join my challenge from either Garmin Connect platforms (mobile or browser). Join TrainwithMarc’s Garmin group and get ready to log steps!
“If everyone did just 10,000 steps a day in America we would probably decrease healthcare budget by $500 billion a year”– Michael Roizen, a physician and chief wellness officer at Cleveland Clinic.
Here’s how to win:
- Join the steps challenge by joining the TrainwithMarc group (preferably before April 1st)
- Log steps throughout the month. Make sure you sync your steps on the 10th and 20th of the month as well for prizes.
What you’ll win:
Custom built training log from Journal Menu + other prizes as they become available.